At NTH, our clients depend on us to help them with material selection and quality control. As such, the NTH laboratory, with highly experienced staff members in over 9000 square feet of controllable environment with upscale equipment, it provides a full range of construction materials testing services.
The NTH laboratory has a comprehensive Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and quality control software package. It has been specifically designed for use in the construction materials (concrete, asphalt, aggregates, soils) testing industry as well as the geotechnical testing industry. The NTH Laboratory provides a sophisticated, electronic data management system and replaces both legacy systems and paper-based or rudimentary spreadsheet based recording.
Services provided by the NTH Laboratory:
- Concrete Testing: Our laboratories perform over 15 standard concrete tests, testing various concrete mix designs to meet requirements for strength. We offer both standard and specialized tests of concrete, grouts, concrete masonry and clay masonry. Our cure room holds more than 1000 samples with high controllable environment. We meet the requirements set forth in both ASTM C1077 “Standard Practice for Agencies Testing Concrete and Concrete Aggregates for Use in Construction and Criteria for Testing Agency Evaluation” and ASTM E329 “Standard Specification for Agencies Engaged in Construction Inspection, Testing, or Special Inspection”.
- Soil testing: The NTH laboratory provides soil testing services for all types of earthwork applications. Our laboratories perform over 19 standard soil tests according to the appropriate American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO). Our capabilities range from basic index tests to sophisticated strength and compressibility tests. Our automated testing equipment and experienced staff allows us to provide rapid, high quality and professional test results. We meet the requirements set forth in ASTM D3740 “Standard Practice for Agencies Testing soil for Use in Construction and Criteria for Testing Agency Evaluation”
- Aggregates and Asphalt Testing: NTH laboratory performs a wide range of the testing on aggregates and asphalt. Our laboratories perform over 10 standard aggregate tests and 7 standard asphalt tests according to the appropriate American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO). We meet the requirements set forth in ASTM D3666 “Standard Practice for Agencies Testing asphalt for Use in Construction and Criteria for Testing Agency Evaluation.”
NTH Lab Qualifications
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) certified
- Michigan certified aggregate technicians
- Michigan certified Bituminous QA/QC technicians
- NICET level II in geotechnical engineering technology
- NICET level II in construction material testing for soil, concrete and asphalt
- Quality Management System - accredited since 7/23/2007
- Asphalt Mixture - accredited since 7/23/2007
- Soil - accredited since 7/23/2007
- Aggregate - accredited since 7/23/2007
- Concrete - accredited since 8/15/2007
Known and respected for the dependability of our results, NTH laboratory regularly provides third-party or referee services to other labs, as well as litigation support. If you are in need of Laboratory services, contact us (248) 553-6300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.